America’s favorite paint company introduces 75 new colors and first-ever soft touch matte finish.
Earlier this spring Benjamin Moore launched CENTURY, a new line of pre-mixed, small batch, ultra-premium paint in a “soft-touch matte” finish. The palette consists of 75 brand new colors, ranging from mid-tone to dark shades, intended to enrich the color collection of interior designers.
“We needed something for the architects and the designers—something more elevated and more studied,” says Benjamin Moore creative director Ellen O’Neill, who has been working on the collection for more than five years. “So we really went back to the hand of the artists.” It started with texture or, as O’Neill puts it, making “more of a covering than a coating.” She explains: “You can almost see a nap in it when you turn a certain way or see it in profile. It beckons you to touch.
“The unmatched richness and color saturation, coupled with the tactile experience of CENTURY, delivers a new dimension in paint unlike anything the design world has seen. With CENTURY, color becomes an experience.” Harriette Martins, Benjamin Moore Senior Brand Manager.
What YOU need to know:
- Carried exclusively at Hirshfield’s Edina and Roseville
- 20 colors (gallons only) stocked at Edina and Roseville
- If you select a non-stocking color it takes 2-3 days to bring into the store
- Non-stocking colors must ship to a Hirshfield’s store as it needs to be on the shaker for four mins.
- Century is pre-mixed at the factory – no tinting required
- One sheen only – rated 0-4 on a scale of 0-100
- All 75 colors sampled in 4 oz. containers
Not enough drama in your life? Stop by the Edina or Roseville store and scope out the dramatic color palette of Century by Benjamin Moore. Painting is one of the easiest and least expensive ways to transform your space!
Since Frank and Elizabeth Hirshfield opened their first store in 1894, it has been our mission to do the best job possible meeting customer needs and solving customer problems. Hirshfield’s. People and products you can trust.